11/18/09

How to make a shabby vintage frame




Yesterday I went to my local D.I. and found some cheap **UGLY** frames that had a little bit of this and that to them.... *see the below pic?*
You've probably got some of these ugly gold things lying around the house.




Anyways... I spray painted it white....




I then got some "brown" paint (or burnt umber) and added some water to thin it out...



I let it drip into some of the cracks



and then I painted a few streaks here and there (dabbing some parts with a paper towel- or smearing some with my finger- **Very watered down mind you...)



and PRESTO... and a vintage frame for only a buck. Man I'm good.



*You can even add a cutesy flower to spruce it up.

5 comments:

  1. thanks!
    and i found you at tip junkie :D

    kudzu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this on Tip Junkie-- great idea!! This could be a really cute Valentine's Day gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea! I love repurposing thrifty finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! I will be trying this for sure! (saw it at tip junkie!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another to add to my shabby collection! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete