Isn't this flower ring adorable? I'm so going to make one of these. To see how to make it click here: "SweetCharli"
Photo by Sweetcharli.blogspot.com
From Studio 5:
Flower Ribbon Rings:
- 1 1/2 in. silk or satin polyester ribbon (or fabric)
- coordinating colored thin hair elastic
- coordinating colored felt
- hot glue
- jewel or beads for embellishment
Cut 4-5 different-sized circles out of ribbon (or fabric)
Burn around the edges of all of them to prevent from fraying, and also make them look like petals
Layer them to give a rose-like flower look
Embellish with a jewels or beads in the middle
Cut out a circle matching the bottom of your flower out of felt
Cut your hair elastic to the size of your finger
Sew the elastic on to the felt so you now have a base for your flower
Then hot glue your flower onto your ring base and you're done!
No-Sew Ribbon Corsage Wristlet:
- 1 1/2 in. silk or satin polyester ribbon (can be printed or just plain) note: you can use ribbed ribbon also, but hot glue sticks better to the silk.
- coordinating colored 2 1/2 in. ribbon (for flower(s)) OR dollar store flowers
- sticky Velcro
- jewel(s) or beads for embellishments
measure around your wrist, and add about and extra inch and 1/4.
cut your ribbon to that measurement
burn the ends to prevent fraying
cut about another 1.5 inches of your ribbon, and then cut length-wise, giving you two strips .75 inches wide, 1.5 inches long
on your bracelet ribbon, hot glue the ends, and then fold in so that the ends of your wristlet now are about .5 inches wide
glue your two smaller ribbons to the ends, so that you have a finish look
cut two pieces of your velcro to fit on your ends, then glue one on the top side of your bracelet, and the other on your bottom side
then glue your flower onto the top middle section of your bracelet, and add either a jewel or bead embellishment